- 3# Beef Ox Tail
- 1# Red Onions
- 2 Stalks of Celery
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Cups of Red Wine
- 1 Green Pepper
- 2 Tomatoes
- 4 Cups of Beef Stock
- 1 tsp Peppercorns
Chef’s personal snack food.
- Turn oven to 325 degrees.
- Chop carrots, celery, onions, green peppers and tomatoes into large pieces.
- If tomatoes are roma or plum tomatoes, they can be left whole.
- In a hot sautŽ pan with a little canola oil, sear oxtails on both sides.
- Once brown or “caramelized” place in roasting pan or casserole dish with chopped vegetables, red wine, beef stock and peppercorns.
- Add water or more beef stock if oxtails are not covered with liquid.
- Cover roasting pan with foil or lid and braise meat at 325 degrees for about 4 hours.
- Check after 2 hours and look for the meat to be falling from bone.
Very hearty dish dinner that insures repeat visits from family and friends. I have seen someone eat 4 pounds of this dish. Pairs perfectly with risotto or rice.