Tasty and very quick recipe for family dinner!
- 1 1/2# Salmon Filets
- Traders Gourmet Blend
- 2 Apples uniformly diced
- 1/2 Head of cabbage shredded
- 1 Jalapeno minced
- 2 Green Bell Peppers Roasted and diced
- 4 ounces of rice wine vinegar or apple cider
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cup of Calvados (apple brandy)
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream
- 2 ounces chopped fresh basil
- Turn broiler on high Rub enough the Traders Gourmet Blend into the Salmon to coat top of filet.
- Place Salmon filet under broiler and allow cooking for about 7-9 minutes.
- Make sure you have the fish on the second rack to the top.
- Portion fish and serve atop the apple and cabbage salad.
APPLE AND CABBAGE SALAD
- Combine apples, cabbage, jalapenos, green bell peppers, vinegar, lemon juice, red onions and basil.
- Sauté mixture for 5 minutes on medium high heat.
- Stir or flip constantly.
- Turn heat off and let mixture stay warm until ready for plate up.
- This salad is supposed to be served warm but all ingredients can be eaten uncooked.
VANILLA CREAM SAUCE
- Heat and slowly reduce brandy by half.
- (Careful this may flare up) Slice vanilla bean in half and scrap out vanilla seeds into the heavy cream.
- Reserve vanilla bean and submerge in sugar.
- (This will flavor your sugar in about 7 to 10 days.)
- Add heavy cream to brandy and allow sauce to slowly reduce by half.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve over Salmon and Enjoy.