If you decide to invite your family for Sunday lunch or dinner the meal that we offer to cook, ideal for treats! An easy idea for dinner and a minimal set of ingredients. All this included Crock Pot Roast Beef.
Recipe for Pot Roast Beef
Preparation time: 20 minutes;
Cooking time: 4 hours;
Servings: 6 servings.
- 1.6 kg of beef;
- 2 tablespoons of any seasoning to the meat;
- 1 teaspoon red pepper;
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper;
- 2 tablespoons flour;
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil;
- 6 pieces of carrots;
- 6 large onions;
- 1 Cup red wine;
- 1.5-2 cups beef broth;
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme;
- 4 branches of fresh rosemary;
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley;
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic.
The method of preparation.
1. To clean carrots and cut into three equal parts.
2. To clean the onion and cut in half.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and put on the heat, once the oil is hot, add and fry the onion with one hand and with the other. Remove the fried onion on a plate.
4. In the same oil, add carrots and fry until Golden brown, no more than 2 minutes. Remove the fried carrots to the onions.
5. Meat pepper,salt on both sides and evenly sprinkle with flour.
6. In the same pan, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and fry our beef on each side, until Golden brown.
7. Once the meat is sufficiently browned, remove it in a container to extinguish.
8. Pour into the pan, where roasted vegetables, beef broth and a glass of wine, all carefully stir, bring to a boil, but not boil.
9. Roasted to pour the resulting beef flavored broth, it should not completely cover the meat.
10. Add 4 sprigs fresh thyme, 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
11. Add 1 teaspoon of dried parsley and 2 teaspoons garlic.
12. All cover with a lid, placed in the oven at 275 degrees for 4 hours.
13. After two hours take out the meat and carefully roll him to the other side. Add carrots, onions and place back in the oven.
14. Take out the meat from pan and cut into portions of a thickness not exceeding 1.5 cm
15. Spread the vegetables on a plate, pour the remaining broth on top (2-3 tablespoons).
Serve the dish with mashed potatoes and red dry wine.