The perfect dinner idea for a Christmas dinner
- 6 beef steak or 8 roma tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- the juice of one lime
- 3 tablespoons of cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup of ice
- Salt and pepper
- Begin by washing all vegetables with cool water and vegetable brush.
- Remove seeds and pulp of the tomatoes and then dice them, skins and all.
- Place diced tomatoes into mixing bowl.
- Place seeds and pulp into food processor bowl fitted with blade.
- Dice the red onion, garlic, red bell pepper, green pepper, jalapeno, yellow squash and place into mixing bowl with tomato.
- Peel the cucumber and place into food processor bowl with tomato pulp.
- Pour lime juice into food processor bowl.
- Add balsamic vinegar, ice, and pulse to form soup base.
- When pureed, combine in serving bowl or Tupperware with diced vegetables.
- Add cilantro and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
HOMEMADE SOY PROTEIN NOODLES
- 1/3 Cup Soy Protein
- 1 cup nonbrominated/unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup water
Combine soy protein and flour on counter and make well in middle. Slowly add water incorporating water and flour mixture together until dough forms.
(This can be done in food processor on pulse feature.)
Allow dough to rest on counter under bowl for twenty minutes.
Proceed with your pasta makerÕs instructions for rolling out and cutting dough into noodles. Drop into boiling water and cook for 3-5 minutes until Òal denteÓ.