Skip to content
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 TBSP chipotle & lime mustard (available for dinner)
- 2 TBSP red bell pepper tapenade (available – Cooking for dinner)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp each: finely chopped dill and parsley
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Combine meats and mix thoroughly.
- Beat egg and add onion, mustard, tapenade, green pepper, sour cream, cheese and herbs.
- Wash hands thoroughly and then mix all ingredients, by hands, until well blended.
- Pour breadcrumbs onto wax paper and mold meat loaf into an ovate or rectangle shape.
- Roll in breadcrumbs, then place in baking dish.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes, then cover with foil and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes.
- Drain off any liquid that may be in bottom of baking dish, place meat loaf on serving dish and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with additional chipotle & lime mustard or red bell pepper tapenade.
- If you are lucky enough to have any left overs,, refrigerate and serve cold with sliced tomatoes, a small mixed salad or potato salad for lunch or dinner the following day.