Here’s one of my favorite shrimp recipes I’ve been enjoying. It’s so simple, but has a ton of flavor. Enjoy!
Italian Garlic Shrimp and Sauted Zucchini
Take Shape For Life
7 oz raw, peeled, cleaned, tail-off frozen shrimp, thawed
2 Cups raw broccoli, chopped
1/2 Cup Cherry tomatoes, chopped
2 Tablespoons Ken’s Lite Northern Italian w/Basil & Ramano dressing
1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
My simple ingredients:
1/2 Cup raw zucchini, sliced evenly (instead of the broccoli)
1/2 Cup celery, chopped evenly (this is an addition)
2 Tablespoons Italian Dressing (I use Kraft Fat-Free Zesty Italian instead of Ken’s)
3 Cloves garlic, sliced evenly (this is an addition)
1/2 Cup seeded fresh Beefsteak tomato, diced (instead of the cherry tomatoes)
What you’ll do:
1. Thaw frozen shrimp following directions on package.
2. In a skillet, heat olive oil on medium-heat and add zucchini and tomato; saute 2-3 minutes, or until veggies are tender-crisp. Turn veggies at least twice to cook evenly on both sides.
3. Add garlic to veggies and continue to saute for 1 minute, stirring constantly. You don’t want to burn your garlic.
4. Remove from heat, cover, and set aside. I put the veggies on a plate and covered with foil.
5. Spoon dressing into skillet; add thawed shrimp and pepper (if you want a spicy dish add some red pepper). Saute shrimp until shrimp is heated through and opaque w/ an orange color on both sides. Approx. 5 – 8 minutes.
6. Combine shrimp and veggies in skillet; cook 2-3 more minutes.
7. Plate, top with parmesan cheese, stir if you like, and enjoy!