In one of our recipes we have offered You to cook beef with apples and continuing our culinary Odyssey I want to advise our new gastronomic dish “Pork chops with Mandarin. This is the easiest recipe for pork chops. However, due to the marinade the meat turns out very tender, flavorful also juicy, which will just melt in your mouth. We offer a unique idea for dinner with fresh pork.
Pork chops with Mandarin oranges
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- Tangerines in own juice 1 can (230-250g)
- Pork chops – 6 PCs.
- Molasses – 1/4 Cup.
- Tangerine 8 – 10.
- Seasoning blend to the meat – 1 tbsp
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Dijon mustard – 1 tbsp
- White Wine – 50 ml.
- Garlic – 3 cloves.
- Garlic powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt with pepper to taste.
- Vegetable oil – 4 tbsp
1. First prepare the marinade. To do this, peel the tangerines, squeeze the juice from them, mix molasses, white wine, Apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard also garlic powder.
2. Meat slightly discourages, first with one and then with the other hand. Salt, to season ground pepper and seasoning blend to the meat.
3. Place meat and marinade in a tight package, good to mix things up to keep our chops soaked in all the flavors of the marinade and leave in refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
4. While the meat is marinating tangerines in own juice drain in a colander and let them drain.
5. Heat a pan on medium heat, add 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Cut the garlic in half and sauté 2 – 3 minutes, once the garlic has given its full flavor it can be thrown.
6. Sauté chops until Golden brown for 7 – 10 minutes on each side, then remove to a plate.
7. In the skillet where meat was browned, add the tangerines and fry 3 to 5 minutes, then remove to a plate and set aside.
8. Strain the marinade through a fine strainer, pour in the pan to reduce its volume twice. Add chops, lying gently on top of the mandarins and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
9. Our dish is ready. Chops serves hot, and garnish well-loved French fries with fresh vegetables.