Definitely the most delicious dessert dinner idea for Christmas party (melt in the mouth) recipe of mince pies.
- 350 gms plain flour rub these to a fine crumb
- 250 gms chilled butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbs double cream, mix these together
- 2 tbs brandy
Makes about 32 to 35 mince pies
Method preparation of Mince Pies
- Cut the butter into small pieces and scrub with fine a crumb of stage flour.
- Make a well in the middle and pour the liquid. Mix together to form a dough.
- Chill and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- You may find it difficult to handle, so only roll out (thinly) in small amounts (maybe enough to cut out 8 or 10 at a time).
- Cut out with a 7cm cutter and place in tin foil cases.
- Fill with your favourite mincemeat and roll out a smaller size lid and place on top.
- Bake in the oven at about 175 deg C – 340 F or in the Remoska (electric mini-oven) for about 10-12 mins until light brown (don’t over bake).
- Cool slightly, then drench with icing sugar.
We promise you that you have had nothing nicer!