- Take roast out of refrigerator and let it sit until it is at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Place roast, fat side up in pan and salt and pepper it well.
- I put garlic slivers in slits I have made in it, but you don’t have to.
- Set timer for exactly 1 hour.
- When it rings, turn off oven and do NOT open the door for any reason.
- The roast can sit there as long as you want it to but about 45 minutes beofre serving, turn the oven back to 375 and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove roast and wrap in foil to sit for about 15 minutes.
- It never fails to be medium rare.
- I’ve done this with tiny wee roasts and for Christmas or special dinner, I did it with a rib roast the size of a small dinosaur’s leg..
One beef roast any size
1 teaspoon butter
1 green bell pepper cut up
1 7 oz. jar whole mushrooms drained
1/2 pound deli style roast beef
2 slices swiss cheese
Melt butter in pan over medium heat
add bell pepper cover for 3 minutes
then add mushrooms cover and continue cooking until peppers are at desired tenderness
then add the roast beef season with salt cover and cook for 5 minutes stiring occasionally
then lay swiss cheese on top cover let melt about 1 minute
then stir and serve.
Good with lettuce and tomato salad topped with ranch dressing!