Nice fish dinner idea for weight watchers recipe!
- 4 salmon fillets, 2-3 inches wide, from the thick part of the fillet
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 spring parsley
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chicken or fish broth
- 1 tbsp corm-starch
- 2 tbsp poaching liquid
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or use more for a robust garlic flavor)
- 8 spring baby garlic’s, sauteed in butter or margarine until tender
How to cooking Salmon with Lemon-Ginger and Baby Garlic
- Fill a pot large enough to accommodate the salmon fillets with 4-5 quarts of water.
- Add the bay leaf, parsley and salt and bring to a boil.
- Carefully place fills into boiling water.
- Reduce heat and simmer until done (Do not boil or overcook!) When fillets are done, remove to individual plates or serving platter.
- Dissolve cornstarch in chicken broth.
- Heat the mixture until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add lemon juice, ginger and garlic.
- Add 2 tbsp of the liquid in which the fish was poached.
- If sauce is too thin, mix more cornstarch with water or poaching liquid, add to sauce and bring to a boil.
- Pour sauce over salmon, garnish with the sauteed baby garlic and serve.