- 2 cups of red wine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 pounds chuck roast
- 1 qt of beef stock or water
- 3 peeled carrots
- 2 pounds of red new potatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 medium red onions minced
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- Melt butter in 6 qt stockpot with lid.
- Add chuck roast and sear all two sides of roast.
- Add red wine and allow liquid to reduce by half and add enough beef stock or water to cover chuck roast.
- Turn heat to low and cover stockpot with lid.
- After 4 hours of cooking add potatoes and carrots.
- I like to leave them whole only peeling the skins from the carrots.
- Cook for another 30 minutes and add the garlic, red onions, ground pepper and salt.
- Leave lid off and cook for another 20 minutes.
Season with fresh parsley and rosemary and serve with thick crusty bread.
Family style dinner.