- 8 ounces canola oil
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes (orange)
- 1 red onion
- 1 small yellow zucchini
- 1 small green zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons of fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons of basil plus 1 bunch of basil
- 1 1/2 ounces salt
- Pepper to taste
- Shuck corns off stalks and carefully remove corn kernels from ear with sharp knife.
- Set aside.
- Reserve ears to make soup or stock at a later date.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half and clean out pulp and seeds.
- Set aside keeping separate from the corn.
- Dice the red onion, yellow zucchini, green zucchini, red bell pepper Add to corn kernels.
- Heat sautŽ pan over medium high heat with 4 ounces of canola oil wait for oil to begin to smoke.
- Add all vegetables except for tomatoes. SautŽ until corn and onions have developed color, flipping constantly.
- Add tomatoes and sautŽ for 3 minutes longer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring pot of water to boil with 1 ounce of salt and blanch basil leaves until bright green in color.
- About 15- 30 seconds.
- Remove basil leaves from boiling water and shock basil leaves in cold water and drain excess water from leaves.
- In blender, add 4 ounces of canola oil, 2 teaspoons of salt and blanched basil leaves.
- Turn on blender and puree until green in color.
- Leave oil to sit for 1 hour in refrigerator, then strain.
- Use to garnish succotash. Oil will keep for 1 month refrigerated in an airtight container.