Every time when I decide to cook dinner this healthy and bright colors, I feel that what I do is healthy dinner for my body. It was Lorna Sass with her bestseller book ” Whole Grains Every Day, Every Way“. It is really a very helpful recipe book. I learned many ways of preparing meals from quinoa. The recommendations from the book told that we may cook the quinoas as we usually cook pasta, not rice. We have to drain all water and not keep the quinoa in a pot with remaining water.
Since I knew this I managed to dinner cook quinoa this way, and it is delicious and looks perfect. Below I add my own recipe of the salad from quinoa. It is the one I have seen in the shop of the prepared foods Whole Foods. You may hold it for a few days in your fridge and also it is great to pack and use later, for example, for picnics. Mothers can also use it for a lunch box of their children.
Vegetable Salad with red quinoa
· one cup of fresh quinoa
· beans (better black ones ) washed and dried –one can
· corn may be even taken from a fridge frapped – one cup
· a half of a cut pepper (better red)
· coriander shattered one third of a cup
· 1/3 of a cup of shredded cilantro
· 1/3cup of an onion cut into small pieces. Better taste is when using a red onion.
· one and a half tbsp of olive oil
· one tbsp of vinegar preferably prepared of claret
· a half of a tsp of good salt preferably grain
· pepper a half of a tsp
· juice of a one lime
FOR THE SALAD:
1. Take a medium size pot and pour it with 6–8 cups of water and boil it then gargle the quinoa in a mesh strainer. After water boils put the meshed quinoa and boil without lid uncovered for 12–15 minutes. Since ten minutes try the quinoa : it is ready when a spot inside the fruit makes invisible and when the seeds begin to rip from some white threads . Pull water out with help of a mesh strainer and cool quinoa down.
2. With a wooden stirrer mix quinoa with other ingredients. After that add salad dressing. Then mix salad again. Pepper and salt may be added depending on your taste.
FOR THE DRESSING:
1. Blend all ingredients in a pan
2. Mix all ingredients with a wire whisk
Super–healthy dinner, delicious, easy and quick. This is the perfect dinner for lazy summer nights. Loads of vegetables and quinoa with a tasty dressing.