Light and tasty recipe for dinner idea with either chicken, fish or mussels.
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 4 oz Canola Oil
- 1 Stalk of Lemongrass peeled and minced
- 1 head of Garlic peeled and chopped
- 1# Mussels
- 2 Cups of Stock either Chicken, Vegetable or Fish
- 2 Cups of White Wine
- 1 oz Parsley
- 1 oz Basil
- 2 Cups of Heavy Cream
- 1/2 # Spinach
GARLIC CREAM SAUCE
- Sauté Garlic in oil over medium heat until light brown. Approx. 10 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with 1 cup of White Wine, and then simmer until reduced by half.
- Reduce heat to low and add Heavy Cream, then simmer until reduced by half.
- Keep warm until ready to serve
- Cut Lemon and Lime into quarters.
- Sauté Lemons and Limes with Lemongrass and Garlic until tender.
- Add Mussels and deglaze with White Wine and Stock.
- When Mussels open, add Basil and Parsley.
- Place on a bed Spinach and serve with Garlic Sauce
- When working with Mussels, clean well by removing the “beard” of the Mussels while scrubbing under running cold water.
- Always use Mussels within a day or two of purchase.
- Press shells together to affirm freshness.
- Shells should slowly close or begin to close with in minute or two.
- Throw away any Mussels, which stay open longer than 10 minutes.
- Keep on ice or in cold running water.
- Clams can be used in place of Mussels.
- Their size will determine cooking time.