Chicken with dried fruit
Recipe dinner roast chicken with dried fruit suitable for all hosting services.
- 10 chicken parts (eg calves, thighs)
- 10 pitted prunes
- 10 dried apricots
- 10 whole cloves of garlic, peeled
- Large onion 4
- Large sweet potato crop circles or segments
- One-third cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil,
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce,
- 3 tablespoons date syrup,
- Fat garlic clove, crushed, a spoonful of sweet paprika,
- one-third teaspoon of cinnamon powder,
- one small spoon of cumin,
- a quarter teaspoon black pepper.
Put the chicken parts, sweet potato, onion, garlic and dried fruit pattern. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and pour over the sauce. Mix well and evenly, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and place in oven preheated to 180 degrees about 1.5 hours.
Tip: If your oven is a strong and dries the chicken, it is recommended to cover the mold with aluminum foil during the first hour and then remove the cover and roast in the oven for another half hour, until you get a nice color.
Chicken in Almond Sauce
Traditional Spanish dinner sauce fare that’s absolutely delicious.
- 1 chicken, cut up
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1–2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 little onion, chopped finely
- 1 medium spoon flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 small-spoon saffron
- 1/2 cup chopped, blanched almonds
Brown chicken in olive oil. Add garlic, onion, and flour, mixing well. Add water and wine and seasonings, except almonds. When chicken is almost done, add the almonds and boil a few minutes longer.
Serves: for 4.
Quick Chicken Chasseur
This fragrant chicken dinner recipe is filled with the delicious flavor of tarragon and mushrooms. Served over a bed a rice, it’s a meal unto itself. Reminiscent of the flavors of France, it’s a dish good enough for company, yet simple to prepare.
- 1 lb chicken strips
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup sherry
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 3 tomatoes, cut in eighths
- 3 cups cooked rice
Coat chicken with cornstarch. Brown in oil. Stir in seasonings and onions; cook 2 minutes. Add broth and sherry. Cover and cook about 10 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and tomatoes. Cover and cook 5 more minutes. Serve over rice and with a fresh loaf of French bread.
Raspberry Salad (Diabetic salad)
- 3 (3 oz.) pkg. raspberry Jell-O (sugar-free, recommend for diabetic!)
- 2 c. boiling water
- 2 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen raspberries
- 1 (No. 2) can (or jar sugar-free applesauce, recommend for diabetic!)
- 2 salad leaves
- 3 mushroom
Mix well all ingredients with Jell-O and boiling water. Add frozen raspberries (sugar-free), then the applesauce. Place in round ring mold.