Will make about 24 to 40 depending on size
This recipe can be made with fresh pasta dough bought at the grocery store or you can make your own.
- 2 ounces of canola oil
- 4 Cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1/4-cup sherry
- 1 pound of white mushrooms sliced
- 1 pound of crimini or portabello sliced
- 1 pound of shiitake mushrooms remove stems and slice
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 Tbls. Italian or Flat leaf Parsley
- 1 Tbls. Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper
1. Heat sautŽ pan with oil add onions and garlic. SautŽ for 10 minutes careful not to brown.
2. Add mushrooms slowly cook for 20 – 25 minutes. Mushrooms will give off liquid and allow reducing.
3. Add Sherry and deglaze until mixture is dry or sec.
4. Add heavy cream and reduce.
5. Season with fresh parsley and rosemary.
6. Salt and pepper too taste.
7. Cool down mixture to allow for stuffing.
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 eggs
- Cold water
Pasta dough is very difficult to explain, it is easier to physically show you. Please pardon any confusion.
1.Sift the flour on a clean counter and make a well with it.
2.Crack the eggs into the center of the well.
3.Begin slowly incorporating the flour into the eggs. You may use all the flour you may not. Adding water helps to incorporate more of the flour. Just be careful not to add too much.
4. Once dough is formed knead for 15 minutes.
5. Let dough settle for 10 minutes. Pass through pasta roller starting on thickest setting 1 and going to 5.
Making the Ravioli
- 1 egg white mixed with equal parts of water
This is the easiest stage of the process.
1. Lay the pasta dough out on counter and cut into squares.
2. Place cooled down filling on one half of pasta square and fold over to form triangle.
3. Pinch edges with egg white mixture to seal.
4. Place on lightly floured sheet tray.
5. You may freeze them at this stage or boil them off like regular pasta. (Will take about 3 minutes to cook.)