The dish “Corned Beef and Cabbage” that propose to cook for dinner recipe ideas is, deeply rooted in the culinary culture of different peoples. In the middle ages, it was used among the Irish and the Slavs in Kievan Rus, spoiled myself with this dish and Frank, even severe and Scandinavians are unable to circumvent this is truly a tasty dish. This dish can be prepared with any products, but we offer to cook one of the classic choices easy ideas for dinner.
Corned beef with cabbage
Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 4 hours
Servings: 4 servings.
Ingredients for beef:
- Dark beer, 2 bottles;
- Brown sugar 2 tablespoons;
- Corned beef 1.5 kg;
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper;
- 1/2 coriander seeds;
- 4 Bay leaves;
- 2 teaspoons seasoning blend to the meat;
- 1 onion;
- 1 garlic;
- 4 small carrots;
- 12 pieces red potatoes;
- 2 tablespoons dry parsley;
- 1 cabbage;
- 1 tablespoon fat;
- Green onions.
The method preparation of beef and cabbage
1. Rinse corned beef in cold water and place in a large roasting pan.
2. Put in a pan peeled onion, whole raw head of garlic, cut the tip.
3. In a pan pour a dark beer, pour the brown sugar, mix well.
4. Add our spices.
5. Put the saucepan on the heat and bring the beer to a boil but do not boil.
6. As soon as the beer starts bubbling, remove the pan from the heat. Cover the pan with a lid and put the stew in the oven at a temperature of 180-200 for 3.5 hours.
7. After 1.5-2 hours flip the piece of meat.
8. Start to prepare vegetables. Washed potatoes, cut in half, carrots cut into 3 equal parts.
9. Cut the cabbage in half, remove the stalk and divide into 8 equal parts.
10. Take fat, spread in a roasting pan and melt it.
11. Put in melted fat large pieces of cabbage and fry until Golden brown.
12. Then carefully flip the cabbage and fry on the other side.
13. Add the chopped carrots and potatoes.
14. Pour in the vegetables 2 cups of liquid, which was braised beef and 1/2 cups of water. Sprinkle with dry parsley, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes on low heat.
15. With corned beef cut away excess fat and cut the meat into thin slices, 0.5-1 cm
16. Put corned beef on a large plate, add steamed vegetables, sprinkle with green onions.
The dish is served with red wine or dark beer.