Pastina in Brodo con Gorgonzola oppure con gli Spinachi
Pastina in broth with Gorgonzola or with Spinach. You need:
- pastina, a chicken broth cube, water, Gorgonzola and/or Spinach,
Parmesan cheese – these can all be found in your refrigerator and pantry.
- Read the instructions on the pastina (tiny pasta)
package for the ratio of pasta to water – generally it is about 1/4 of a cup of pasta to about 2 cups of liquid.
- Set the water to boil with the chicken broth cube.
- When it is boiling, add the pastina and a little bit of olive oil.
- Let it cook for about 5 minutes and add the Gorgonzola and/or the spinach.
- Serve in soup bowls with Parmesan Cheese.
- Add crusty bread and a cucumber salad – sliced cucumbers only or you could dress with oil & vinegar.
Figs With Ricotta and Honey
1 (1-pint) basket fresh figs
1/2 pound ricotta
2 tablespoons honey
Halve or quarter figs. Mound ricotta in center of plate and drizzle with honey. Scatter figs around outside.
Tuscan White Bean Salad with Tuna and Artichoke hearts
This is great either as a main dish or side dish for light dinner. Remove from your pantry:
- one can of white beans
- one tiny can of tuna
- one jar of marinated artichoke hearts
- and some fresh parsley from the fridge
- Put the ingredients (except the parsley) into a colander and drain.
- Then put into a pretty ceramic bowl and toss with the parsley.
- Serve with crusty bread.