Every January 1, we all vow to eat better and live a healthier lifestyle. Even if every meal isn’t healthy, make a strong effort to eat as many healthful foods as you can each day. Another trick to eating healthy is remembering that eating a healthy diet can be as flavorful and satisfying as any meal. Just follow these few tips and your Quick and Easy Dinner will be delicious and healthy.
7 Reasons for healty dinner
- For healthy dinner plans consider looking at the entire week’s intake instead of daily. One day may be full of protein and a bit too rich on the fats, but the next day may be balanced out with fruits and vegetables.
- Healthy dinner choices include scaling down the use of certain foods, such as foods that have a great deal of butter or other fats, meats and desserts. Eliminating any of these is impossible, but portion control is the key.
- A healthy diet is one that is rich in a variety of foods. Don’t avoid beef, but make sure to have a small portion balanced with plenty of vegetables and starches.
- Healthy dinner does not mean dieting. There are strategies to make all dishes healthier. Use vegetable cooking spray or olive oil instead of butter. Remove the chicken skin and trim all fat off the meat. Skip pre-made seasonings and use plenty of fresh herbs, which give the dish more flavors. A large salad at lunch or dinner is always a healthy way to begin. This fills you up before you dig in to the more caloric portion of your meal. By eating vegetables first, you are less likely to overeat.
- Healthy dinner recipes for desserts should have a fruit base because they contain little fat. For instance, grilled peaches with honey are a particularly wonderful way to end a summer barbeque and are virtually fat free.
- Soup is a great way to cut back on calories since it can be fat free and still have flavor. For example, onion soup gratinee is delicious and if you use low fat cheese it makes it healthier. Another trick is to choose broth-based soups. Look for dinner recipes with vegetables and chicken or vegetable broth. These will have less calories and fat than other hearty dinner soup.
- Healthy cooking recipes are now a staple in almost all cookbooks. Gone are the days of three sticks of butter per dessert recipe.
Healthy food used in main courses can be fresh fruits, vegetables and fish, always favorites in healthy dinner.