Good ol’ “Fish Friday” has rolled around again. At least that’s what a bunch of my friends used to call it “back in the day”. Traditionaly during Lent many of us do give up eating meat at least once a week. So when I found out that Smart and Final has frozen Bay Harbor shrimp* going on sale I pulled all my shrimp recipes out and planned to take advantage of the sale during Lent. I’m stocking up! Fish is fine, and I do eat it, but whenever given the chance to choose between fish or shrimp, I’ll almost always choose shrimp. Here’s a quick weeknight recipe for you to add to your recipe list during Lent. Hope it helps add an option to your meatless “Fish Fridays”. This is a great dish to add pasta too!
Italian Shrimp and Broccoli
Take Shape For Life
Prep Time: About 5 minutes (make sure your shrimp has thawed)
Cook Time: About 20 Minutes
7 oz raw, peeled, cleaned, tail-off frozen shrimp, thawed
(I used Bay Harbor Shrimp, 41-50 CT. Raw Tail-On Shrimp, Frozen, Sold in a 2 LB. bag for $9.98 at Smart & Final)*
2 Cups raw broccoli, chopped
1/2 Cup Cherry tomatoes, chopped
2 Tablespoons Kraft Fat-Free Zesty Italian Dressing
1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
Optional: If you want to spice this dish up, consider using a jalepaneo infused olive oil, or add a few drops of your favorite hot sauce to the shrimp while they are cooking.
What You’ll Do:
1. Thaw frozen shrimp following directions on package.
2. In a skillet, heat olive oil; add broccoli and chopped grape or cherry tomatoes; saute 3 – 5 minutes until veggies are tender-crisp. Place on a plate, cover with foil, and set aside.
3. Spoon dressing into skillet; add shrimp and pepper. Saute until shrimp is heated through and opaque. About 5 minutes.
4. Combine shrimp and veggies into one skillet; cook 2- 3 minutes.
5. Plate, top with parmesan cheese.